Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ewan7279 ewan7279 is offline

Default validation warning for macro data

Tom,

That is why I'm on this site - I'm no programmer and can't work out how to
validate the user's choice. Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Ewan.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

The macros currently enter the number relating to the month chosen into a
cell on one of the sheets.

Can't your macro validate the data?

Tom Ogilvy

"ewan7279" wrote in message

I have created macros to update cost centre spreadsheets from a range of
data. The macros run from a form that has 12 options (1 for each month)

and
I want to display a warning message to the user to ensure that they have
selected the correct month.

The macros currently enter the number relating to the month chosen into a
cell on one of the sheets. I have used the validation option to give a
warning for any entry put into the cell, but data entered by macros does

not
cause the warning to display.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem please?

Thanks,

Ewan.