Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alvin Hansen[_2_] Alvin Hansen[_2_] is offline

Default Getting Computer name and User Name

Sorry i have fout out how

Thanks anyway tom

Alvin

"Alvin Hansen" skrev:

Hi Tom
Is alvin
I have try this but i don't know how to get it to work

Public Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" _
Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Function ReturnUserName() As String
' returns the NT Domain User Name
Dim rString As String * 255, sLen As Long, tString As String
tString = ""
On Error Resume Next
sLen = GetUserName(rString, 255)
sLen = InStr(1, rString, Chr(0))
If sLen 0 Then
tString = Left(rString, sLen - 1)
Else
tString = rString
End If
On Error GoTo 0
ReturnUserName = UCase(Trim(tString))
End Function

How to i call the function and how do i get the username
i believe the username is in Returnusername?

Alvin

"Tom Ogilvy" skrev:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbaos

Tom Ogilvy

"Jan G. Thorstensen" wrote in message
Getting Computer name and User Name
Is it possible to get the name of the Computer using vba?
(i.e. debug.print computerName) PS.

How can you get the user name from the loged in user in a network
(without using application.username)?

What I want to know is who is the person using my program and
which PC is he or she using.

Thank you for helping.

Jan