Gordon

"D.J.Shaw" wrote in message
I have a Expense/Receipt workbook with 12 sheets title from left to right
July - June. I have one cell for Profit/Loss for each month. I need to

have
this carried through the entire 12 sheets as a running total. I have had
some answers from other groups but either I am too thick or they assume I

am
really good at this, so I don't understand their answers. Those that

looked
easy didn't work. I am about intermediate with excel so could anyone

please
help .
Splinter

You would probably be better off having two cells - one for the profit or
(loss) for the month, and one below that for the running total.
Assuming that your month total is in cell C20 and the running total is in
cell C21, then do this:

In sheet July, in Cell C21 type "=C20" (without the quotes)
In sheet Aug, in Cell C21 type "=C20+July!C21" (again without the quotes)
Do the same that you did in the Aug sheet, for all the other sheets, just
changing the name of the sheet to the one before.

HTH

www.gbpcomputing.co.uk