Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Not for the Faith of Heart - Macro Arrays

Not if you are talking about array formulas - returning and array from a UDF
(or in your case, returning two).

but please come back and report your success. (not one huge array with two
sections populated - that wouldn't be two arrays).

Tom Ogilvy

"Fabricio" wrote in message
...it's the beauty of software development--the challenge. There's always

way... and I will eventually find it.

-Fabricio

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Array formulas are not going to work in separate blocks.

Tom Ogilvy

"Fabricio" wrote in message
Sorry about the silly subject title, I'm trying to shrug my

frustration
with
good genuine quacky humor:) With that said, I have a difficult hurdle

overcome...

I have a macro that returns, not one, but two arrays! Is this doable?

The
macro returns an answer that contains two arrays, which reside in

different
areas within the worksheet (i.e. the arrays are not adjacent to one

another).

Returning one array is not the problem--that's been done. But

returning
two, in different sections of the same worksheet--that's where the

money's
at!

I've tried just about everything know to mankind... ok, maybe not

everything
:) Here's a list of my futile attempts:
-Wrote to different cells from within the macro function.
-Disabled Application.EnableEvents AND then wrote to different cells

within
the macro function.
-Selected different areas of the worksheet before clicking

Ctrl+****+Return.
-Returned an array of variants (instead of a single array variant).
-Used CalculateEvent to write to different cells.
-Wrote to different cells using DDE.
-Tried sending excel window message to change cells.
-Tried hacking excel's COM Object Model.

Nothing, zippo, nada worked! :) I sure would enjoy adding more

failures
my list so if you have any great ideas send them my way :)

At any rate, keep a good spirit and thanks in advance.

-Fabricio