Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Shade rows A:J

I have an Excel 2002 spreadsheet where there are several records. I would
like to shade certain rows from Col A: Col J where the following occurs: if
current cell has the word total and the cell above has the word total in it,
I would like to shade two rows below current cell (with say green -- code 35).

Thus, if E42 = Book Total and E43 is June Total, I would like to shade A:J
in row 45.

If E42 = Book Total and E43 does not contain total then do nothing.

Tom Ogilvy and Jim Cone helped me in a previous problem similar to this but
I am stumped and don't know how to proceed from the point below. Any help is
really appreciated. Thanks.

Private Sub mcr18Shade()

Dim RngCell As Range
Dim lngCounter As Long

For lngCounter = 1337 To 1 Step -1
Set RngCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(lngCounter, 5) 'Col E

''If current cell in E has word total in it and cell above has total in it
then shade A:J

If RngCell.Value Like "*total*" And _
InStr(1, LCase(RngCell.Offset(-1, 0).Value), "total") 0 Then

'Shade two rows below green (interior.color=35)
End If
Next
End Sub