JP Jones

I could do that, but copying and pasting is quicker, and it irks me that
Excel 2002 cant do something simple that Excel 2000 could do.

I suspect this is a bug in 2002, so I'm sure there is a quick fix out
there.... if only I could find it.

"Gordon" wrote:

"JP Jones" <JP wrote in message
I have recently upgrated from Excel 2000 to Excel 2002.

When I copy and paste a table from Access to Excel it stores all the

numeric
fields as text, even though they are properly formated in Access.

I did not have this problem with Excel 2000. Does anyone have any idea

what
is going wrong here?

Why are you copying and pasting the table? Just export it to xls format.
Easy.