Posted to comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.perl.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Larry[_15_] Larry[_15_] is offline

Default How should I interpret this set of laptop specifications?

Francis Chee wrote:
Hi, the

This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my

Laptop
decision.

I expect my notebook doesn't inhibit me from editing digital pictures

due to
LCD displays.
What does the "Maximum Resolution1024x768" and "Max resolution (with

max
video
RAM)2048x1536" mean?

If I order this machine with RAM upgraded to 512MB, will I get a

resolution
of 2048x1536
anyway?

Thanks.

-------------------------
Display/MonitorExternal display supportedYesSimultaneous external
displayYesScreen Type DescriptionTFTViewable Image Size (Diagonal)
Inches15.0Screen IlluminationBacklitGrey Shades or Colours Max Built

in
Screen16777216Maximum Resolution1024x768

Graphics SubsystemDescriptionIntel Extreme Graphics 2TypeXGAVideo RAM
typeDVMTMax resolution (with max video RAM)2048x1536 16777216

coloursMaximum
Simultaneous Colours16777216Graphics bus interfaceDirect AGPVideo on
PlanarYes
-----------------------

perldoc -q screen

for potentially helpful Perl documentation.

You may want to try Radio Shack if there is one in your area. I
recommend you not ask this in comp.lang.c++ as it will be completely
off topic over there.

Get the extra ram anyway if you can afford it, and ask about battery
life. Regarding the battery, they have Acpi::Battery on cpan.org, but
it's just for Linux. Imagine if something like that could support all
platforms?

Larry