Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
François François is offline

Default easy to crack vba password

Thanks for this answer.
To create a com add-in from a vba module, I guess,a lot of changes in the
code no ?
I have Visual .Net. and I'm redy to to it in vb .net
What is your sugestion ?

Thanks.

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

The only way would be to convert the code to a COM add-in or DLL. A standard
XLA is no more secure than an XLS file.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:41:03 -0800, François
wrote:

HEllo,
I'm very disapointed about the security of the vba passwords !
To check how secure are my vba devlp, I have purchase a tools for 45$. And
after a few seconds the password was cracked !. (lenght 10 char with letters
and digits)
Is there a way to secure more ?
Could we transform a VBA into an XLA and how ?

Many thanks

François.