Posted to comp.lang.c++,comp.lang.perl.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default How should I interpret this set of laptop specifications?

Definitely OT, but I'd assume the first spec is the number of physical
pixels availalbe in the laptop's display whereas the second is the max
resolution the laptop's video output could handle if hooked up to a
suitable external display if you have purchased the maximum possible
video RAM.

tim.

"Francis Chee" wrote in message
Hi, the

This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my
Laptop
decision.

I expect my notebook doesn't inhibit me from editing digital
pictures due to
LCD displays.
What does the "Maximum Resolution1024x768" and "Max resolution (with
max
video
RAM)2048x1536" mean?

If I order this machine with RAM upgraded to 512MB, will I get a
resolution
of 2048x1536
anyway?

Thanks.

-------------------------
Display/MonitorExternal display supportedYesSimultaneous external
displayYesScreen Type DescriptionTFTViewable Image Size (Diagonal)
Inches15.0Screen IlluminationBacklitGrey Shades or Colours Max Built
in
Screen16777216Maximum Resolution1024x768

Graphics SubsystemDescriptionIntel Extreme Graphics 2TypeXGAVideo
RAM
typeDVMTMax resolution (with max video RAM)2048x1536 16777216
coloursMaximum
Simultaneous Colours16777216Graphics bus interfaceDirect AGPVideo on
PlanarYes

http://www-605.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/st...y?productId=33
068122&storeId=702&langId=702&categoryId=8655975&d ualCurrId=97&catalogId=-70
2