Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Backing up IE Favorites

And stealing shamelessly from Michel...

Option Explicit
Sub FavoritesFolderSave2()

Dim FavoritesFolder As String
Dim BackUpFolder As String
Dim FSO As Object

FavoritesFolder = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") _
.SpecialFolders("Favorites")

BackUpFolder = Environ("Temp") 'windows temp folder
'or an existing folder
'BackUpFolder = "C:\myFavoritesBackedUp"

Set FSO = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject")
FSO.CopyFolder Source:=FavoritesFolder, Destination:=BackUpFolder

End Sub

===
I usually back up my Favorites manually.

I do this:
Windows start button|Run
Favorites
up one level
copy that Favorites folder
and paste to where I like it.

Spammastergrand wrote:

Anyone know how to get at the object model of the favrites folder so I can
back it up in Excel, Access Word, with VBA? Is it something like a
filesystem object?

What type of file is it anyway?

--

Dave Peterson