Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fredrik Wahlgren Fredrik Wahlgren is offline

Default 7 + if statements

"Jaye" wrote in message
I am trying to create an excel workseet that will allocate operating

expenses
to 6 different departments. On a previous tab ( Alloc Table) I have 10
allocation methods, each with a letter assigned A thru J. On my Expense

tab,
in column E, I am assigning one of my allocation mehtods (by indicating

one
of my letters A thru J) to each expense line. I am then using if

stamtents
to choose the correct alloation rates and alloate the expenses. My formula

is:

=IF($E7="A",($D7*'Alloc Table'!E$7),if($E7="B"($D7*'Alloc

Table'!E$10),....
and on to "H".

However, my formula will not allow me to go beyond H ( 7 nested ) .

Can anyone give me suggestions as to how I can include more then 7 if
statemetns. As ypu can tell, I'm pretty basic here.

Thanks
Jay

If you really neeed more than 7 nested IF ststements, you need to create a
User Defined function in VBA.

/Fredrik