Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stef Stef is offline

Default Creating a report by For Each...

Thanks Tom,
that made It!!

Stef

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

.Cells(3, i).Value =Application.Sum(Range(sName & "!sumPremiums"))

Tom Ogilvy

"Stef" wrote in message
Actually, I want the sum of numbers in a column that I named "sumPremiums"

be placed in my report the same way I do with the other .Cells arguments.

So
the formula itself is not important, only the result from that

calculation.

Regards Stef

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Assuming you want a formula like =Sum(Sheet1!sumPremiums)

where sumPremiums is a sheet level name:

.Cells(3, i).Value = "=Sum('" & sName & "'!sumPremiums)"

Tom Ogilvy

"Stef" wrote in message
I gather information from various, named ranges, in a number of

worksheets
in
a specific workbook. I use a "For Each loop" to search in every sheet

for
values in defined ranges and then place that value in a summary

report.
This
works fine with one single value in that range. However, one of these
ranges,
a list, contains numbers that I want to sum up and place in the

report.

This is part of the code
Next rn
If rnExists = True Then
With totalSheet
On Error Resume Next
.Cells(1, i).Value = sName
.Cells(2, i).Value = Range(sName & "!Database").Rows.Count
.Cells(3, i).Value = "=Sum(Range(sName & !sumPremiums))"
End With
i = i + 1
Else

It is the third .Cells-argument that causes my problem. Would be

happy
for
any solution.
--