Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harry[_8_] Harry[_8_] is offline

Default VB Code or Excel macro to run Query/Import on Access file

Hello

I'd like to be able to press a button on an Excel sheet and start the process of
running the MSQUERY function. I tried just recording keystrokes as a macro,
clicking the following while in record mode:

Data/Import External Data/New Database Query/MS Access Database/Clicked on
Database Name

But nothing got recorded, it didn't work. I'm trying to save myself all those
keystrokes by automating the task right up to the point in the query where I
select which record I to import from the Access file.

I know enough about macros and VB to create a button and launch the macro, but
I'm really new at this. Does anyone have any code that can do a query from
Excel in an access file, pulling out a record of their choice?

Thanks

Harry