Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default lookup function

Hi GK

use data / validation to create the drop down for the names (check out Debra
Dalgleish's site for details www.contextures.com/tiptech.html)
and then for the number and frequency use the VLOOKUP function,
e.g.
assuming the data on sheet 2 takes up the range A1:C100
the formula for the number on sheet 1 would be
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,2,0)
where the drop down list is in cell A1
for the frequency the formula would be
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$C$100,3,0)

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
JulieD

"GK" wrote in message
I am new to functions and macros, any help would be appreciated.
What I have is a form on sheet one and my data on sheet 2
There is 3 boxes for information on sheet 1.
this is my data on sheet 2
A B c
joe blow 123456 14
What I want to do is select a persons name from a drop box on sheet 1 and
it
automatically input the persons number and frequency from column c.
Thanks again