Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bay bay is offline

Default Changing file references in a macro

Hi,

this is a bit tricky, here goes...

I am working on workbook 'Sales 04 12m' and on worsheet 'alpha 12m 04'.
I put a vlookup function that looks up data from a table array in another
workbook for the previous month, which has the same name format "Sales YY
MMm" and from a similar worksheet "alpha 11m 04'.

This macro I use in three different sheets in the workbook I can's go
changing the names each time in the macro. I need a way to specify the
workbook/worksheet from upfront. or even better beacuse it is always one
month back, the macro could figure out the name by itself , could it??

I tried InputBox inside the vllokup function but i get an error, mayby I am
not supposed to use it that way.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you