Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Erik Oveson [MSFT] Erik Oveson [MSFT] is offline

Default Assessing range values

Hi Alan,

The following may work for you (assumes initial data on sheet1 col A, and
desired output on sheet2 row1):

Sub occur()

Dim rng As Range
Dim tempRng As Range
Dim i As Integer: i = 1

Range("Sheet2!1:2").Delete

For Each rng In Range("Sheet1!a:a").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstan ts)
If Not IsNumeric(Evaluate("MATCH(" & rng.Address & ", Sheet2!1:1, 0)"))
Then
Set tempRng = Range("Sheet2!1:1").Cells(1, i)
tempRng.Value2 = rng.Value2
tempRng.Offset(1, 0).Value2 = Evaluate("COUNTIF(a:a, " & rng.Address
& ")")
i = i + 1
End If
Next

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Alan M" wrote in message
I have a selected range which consists of one column of various designated
two character codes .e.g. NW, UW,NR, NT and the like.

I need to be able to analyise the range and count the number of instances

of
each code. The I then need to enter these values into another sheet in a

row
under the various applicable column headings.

For eaxmple.

Source range looks like this:

UW
NW
NT
NW
NT
UT
NW

target looks like this

NW UW NT UT etc
2 1 2 1 etc

The target cells are to be added as the next new row in the target sheet
each time the procedure is run so I need VBA code to do this please.