Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Keith[_2_] John Keith[_2_] is offline

Default Can the Autoshape number in the namebox be reset?

I have a macro that is generating lots of autoshapes each time it is run. At
the top of this macro all shapes are deleted then new ones are generated.
After running this several times the number that is assigned to each object
new, continually increments. It doesn't start over at 1 (even though all
shapes are deleted)

AutoShape 7600 - AutoShape 9020

The next time the macro is run....
AutoShape 9021 - AutoShape 10441

Even after closing down excel and restarting...
Will this number top out? causing errors?
I just want the deletes... to start the numering over. If possible.

John