Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Easy but not for me!!

Lynda,

I think you just want something like

Range("D2:D6").NumberFormat = "#,##0/00"

But be aware, if all cells are of that format it returns True, but if not,
it doesn't return False, it returns Null. But you can easily test with

If Range("D2:D6").NumberFormat = "#,##0/00" Then
... do your stuf

HTH

RP

"Lynda" wrote in message
Hi I recieved a reply from Bob Phillips AND Tom Ogilvy
regarding a question I had on formatting of cells on my
sheet.

I would like to use the following code to specify that
the cells D6:D26 will always have the format of number
and 2 decimal places.

If ActiveCell.Numberformat = "0.00"
or
Activecell.Numberformat = "#,###.00"

Can you tell me how to use the above code and directly
link it to my cells D6:26

I know its simple but no matter how I try and specify the
range it doesnt work.

Thank you!

Lynda.