Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
big t big t is offline

Default Reading a zip file

thanks for the info K, i'll have a go at that when i'm feeling adventurous!!

big t

"K Dales" wrote:

I don't know of any utility that will give you the names of the files in a
zip archive in a way you can get into Excel. You may need to read the file
in binary form and decode it. The specs for a zip file can be found at:
http://www.pkware.com/company/standards/appnote/
It will be a challenge to write a routine to decode the file header info,
but that is all I can think of doing. Good luck!

"big t" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I need to populate some cells in Excel with the name of the files in a given
zip file, and I am totally, completely and utterly stumped!!!

Any ideas???

TIA,
big t