Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carl Bowman Carl Bowman is offline

Default Type Mismatch in Auto-Open Macro

Thanks, Tom. You have been a tremendous help!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Your missing a colon:

Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("Install").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect password:=True
Sheets("Summary").Select

Tom Ogilvy

"Carl Bowman" wrote in message
I am getting Runtime Error "13" (Type Mismatch) on the following code:
Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("Install").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect password = True
Sheets("Summary").Select
End Sub
When I remove the line "ActiveSheet.Protect password = True" it clears the
message but I really need this to be done. This is happening in Office

2002
but not in Office 2000. I can run the command at any time other than

opening
and it does not give the error message. Why does it just do this in the
Auto-Open macro and what can be done to fix it?
Thanks.