Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
J Streger J Streger is offline

Default Combobox Vs Combobox

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I needed!

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

set OleObj =ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add( _
ClassType:="Forms.ComboBox.1", _
Link:=False, _
DisplayAsIcon:=False, _
Left:=sLeftVal, _
Top:=sTopVal, _
Width:=sWidth, _
Height:= _
sHeight
OleObj.Name = "ComboboxAA"

now
Activesheet.OleObjects("ComboboxAA") is an OleObject
Activesheet.OleObjects("ComboboxAA").Object is a VBA combobox

Tom Ogilvy

"J Streger" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000.

I created a sheet that automatically creates and adds comboboxes into the
row where new data was entered. I am using the code:

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Combo Box.1",

Link:=False, _
DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=sLeftVal, Top:=sTopVal, Width:=sWidth,
Height:= _
sHeight).Select

this code adds a VBA combobox, which is what I want as I want to create
multi-columned comboboxes. The problem comes up that in order to access

the
columns method of the VBA combobox, I need to call the combobox by name
(application.combobox1). If I use the shapes("Combobox1") path, Excel
considers the combobox an excel combobox, and has no columns property. So

want to find out if there is a way to use varient to call a specific
combobox, so that it allows the use of the columns property. A friend
suggested creating an array of comboboxes (rcombobox() as combobox) but

now I
can't find a method in excel that will let me load that array with VBA
comboboxes. Any help would be most appriciated.
--
J Streger