Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve[_74_] Steve[_74_] is offline

Default help with workbook

Craig

You are likely to find that if there is a form that allows users to check a
box so the form doesn't close on them after ten minutes, the will check it
as soon as they open the workbook.

There is a sample spreadsheet at this site that will get you started:
http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/vba.html

If you need more help after looking through the sample and searching for
other samples, ask another question.

HTH
Steve

"Craig" wrote in message
This may sound a bit cheeky, I'm just starting to learn macro's etc in
Excel, but I'm looking for a spreadsheet quite quickly and you guys seem
very knowledgeable in this group.
I want a spreadsheet which will auto save and close in say 10mins if no
data has been entered in this time, with a message box pop up in say the
last 10sec with a countdown, which can be cancelled either by a cancel
button in the same box or by entering data in the workbook.
Also a box on the front page with a "tick box" or similar to
enable/disable the macro.
I know this may not be rocket science for the more experienced, but I'm
anything but a rocket scientist, I will give it a go myself, but I also
need it in a hurry.
If anybody could point me in the right direction, or even better if
somebody could make me one I do not mind giving a small donation for their
trouble. (the cheeky part)
Bearing in mind I'm very much the amateur...
Beware the spam trap if replying:....