Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Very strange add-in file behaviour

Now this is interesting.
I moved all the code and forms from the add-in to a normal workbook and
saved as an .xla file.
The filesize moved up from 3.8 Mb to 6.7 Mb.
Downloaded Rob Bovey's code cleaner, ran that and still 6.68 Mb.
Then ran Andrew Baker's workbook rebuilder and I went down again to 3.8 Mb.
Both files run fine, but what is the difference and what is the file to go
for?
I would like to keep the 3.8 file as the 6.7 one is too big to be uploaded
even when zipped.
The upper limit is 2 Mb and the 3.8 file will zip to 1.65.
The 6.7 file will zip to 2.6.
Would be very interested in any insights in this.

RBS

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Have you run Rob Bovey's Code Cleaner on it?

You could also try building it anew, copying all code modules into a new
workbook before compiling as an addin .

--

HTH

RP

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
Have developed a large Excel .xla add-in that now shows some very strange
behaviour.
This add-in works completely fine at home, but when I upload the file to
website and
download it on a different location there are bits of code missing, for
example all the code
in the ThisWorkbook module and also code from normal code modules. When I
download
the same file at home everything is fine.
It is a large file, 3.8 Mb with a lot of form and modules, but why would

it
be fine on one computer
and not the other. The differences a
Home computer (all fine): Windows XP Pro, Excel 2002
Other computer (not fine): Windows 2000, Excel 2003
I have run the run Andrew Baker's Workbook Rebuilder several times.
Thanks for any advice about this.

RBS