Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Higgins Jeff Higgins is offline

Default save and restore "Workbook Menu Bar" & "Cell" menus

I have a workbook where I have overridden several of the CommandBarButtons on
the standard "Workbook Menu Bar" and "Cell" CommandBars.

I have taken the drastic measure of resetting "Workbook Menu Bar" and "Cell"
CommandBars prior to making my changes and then resetting again in the
Workbook_Deactivate sub. I've taken this measure to prevent errors if for
some reason the particular CommandBarButtons that I'm changing are Nothing or
Not Enabled etc. This of coarse wipes out any customizations my users might
have made to their Menus, probably making them not happy.

I would like to somehow save the state of the "Workbook Menu Bar" and "Cell"
CommandBars on entry to my workbook and then restore it on
Workbook_Deactivate but I cannot figure out how.

Can someone tell me how to accomplish this?