Anne Troy

Robin: My guess is that the file is now too big...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"robin" wrote in message
Ok thanks for the heads up but do you or anyone out there no why it is
locking excel up? I can save to a floppy on other machines but not to this
particular one. Any help would be appreciated...

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

You should never save an Excel sheet directly to a floppy - or open one
directly from a floppy. Always copy to the hard drive and open - or save

the hard drive and copy to the floppy.

Andy.

"robin" wrote in message
I have windows XP and Excel 2003 with all the latest service packs.

When I
am
trying to save an excel file to a floppy it always lock up after 3 or

4
times. Excel will just crash and it would take a restart of the whole
computer before it will act right. I have tried other floppies,

copying a
different file all together from excel, swapping drives, reinstalling

the
whole office suite, reinstalling McAfee Virus Scan, etc. I did notice

that
it
is something with excel and the floppy drive as a whole because I

could
copy
all day long to the floppy random files from word, my c drive, a few

files
from excel (but not consecuetive .xls files in a row), and shortcuts,

etc.
could copy .xls file to anyother drive i.e. bonzai (jump drive) that I
have
just not the floppy drive.

Can you please help me to figure out why excel keeps crashing copying

to a
floppy?