Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
IC[_2_] IC[_2_] is offline

Default Changing direction of cursor after hitting enter - toggling with toolbar macro??

To elaborate on your mesage, the Tab key can also be used to move onto
another cell. This is particularly useful when you have locked cells, as the
focus jumps to the next available unlocked cell.

Ian

"Paul D. Simon" wrote in message
oups.com...
For those that would prefer a keyboard solution to a VBA/icon one: The
Enter key is not the only key that can be used to enter something into
a cell. The 4 arrow keys can also be used as "Enter" keys.

For example, I have my Enter key set to stay in the current cell upon
enter. For times I need to enter something into a cell and upon enter
have the cell pointer go to the cell to the right, I hit the right
arrow INSTEAD of the Enter key. This enters whatever I've typed into
the current cell and immediately goes to the cell to the right - all
without hitting the Enter key.

Likewise, when I want the cellpointer to go to the cell below upon
enter, I hit the down arrow instead of the enter key. Whatever I've
typed is then entered into the current cell, and the cellpointer
immediately goes to the cell below - again without hitting the Enter
key.

This obviously also works with the up and left arrows as well as any
other movement keys, like Page Up, Page Down, Ctrl+Home, etc. (though
probably less practical).