bj

Make sure your <tools<options<calculate is set for automatic calculations

"pwermuth" wrote:

Hello,

I was hoping somebody could help me with the following problem:

I have a bunch of pie charts that simply will not update despite the
fact that the source data has changed. For example, the source data
will change from 3, 10, 1 to 10, 4, 0 but the chart itself still shows
a 3, 10, 1 split.

When I close and reopen the file the charts update.

I have no idea whether the following things could be somehow causing
some of the problems, but just in case:
- There is a large number of charts on this sheet - about 150
- The source data is calculated as a countif on a range of data which
in itself is a vlookup on values that are created through a search
macro, i.e. the values change only after the search Macro is run
- I have a Worksheet_Change Macro active which should get activated
many times during the search Macro, since the search Macro deletes and
then places new values
- In the workbook there are a lot of links to external files, so when I
open the workbook I am asked whether I want to update. However, the
charts will be correct after reopening the file even if I choose not to
update any of the data from external files.

I just don't get it. I think it was working fine in the beginning. I
would run the search Macro and the values and charts would update in
front of me. At some point it stopped working and I do not know why.

Thanks,

Peter

--
pwermuth