Norm75

Thanks, Bob very much. It all worked - as you will gather, I am a bit of a
newby. However, if I want to simply add on .TO to say, AAA , BBB, RY, etc. I
am having trouble. I don't have a common - or . Is there a way of adding
only?

Many thanks. Norm.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You could easily use Find and replace Ctrl-H to replace period by dash, and
probably to add -UNTO, if there is some set rule to direct you. That would
also be needed if you were to use VBA.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Norm75" wrote in message
I have a number of stock market symbols that I need to modify. For

example, I
must change: AAA.UN to AAA-UN. For some I need to modify AAA.UN to

AAA-UN.TO
. In short, I simply want to change a period to a dash and for some add
period TO . Is there a way of developing a macro to do this or use the

"Find
and Replace"? I don't want to retype all the symbols - chance of errors

and
would take a very long time.

Any help here would be much appreciated.
Thanks. Norm.