Dave Peterson

I'd keep the data on the same sheet.

But add another column with a bunch of formulas:

=text(a2,"mmddyyyy")

And drag down.

Then you can sort by that column.

daumj wrote:

I have been trying to do this in an easy macro.

I have a Name and DATE-OF-BIRTH list and want to automagically create
another worksheet where the month's birthdays are sorted by Jan, Feb,
Mar... etc. Right now, the best I can do is have it sort by year, then
Month. Try it out the suggested solutions on a list of birthdays: 2 Feb
2002 4 Mar 2003 28 Mar 2002 1 Apr 1999. I want to see a sort with
Feb-2 first, followed by Mar-4, then Mar-28, and finally Apr-1.

Any ideas?

John

--
daumj