Jon Peltier

The XY Scatter chart series overlaid on the Bar chart has vertical Y and horizontal
X, while the bar chart series have vertical X and horizontal Y. For the XY Scatter
series, use a Y coordinate that goes from 1 to N, 1 corresponding to the lowest
horizontal bar category, and N to the number of categories. Use an X value
corresponding to the Y values of the bars.

This is the relevant page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

smithers2002 wrote:

Hi, Thanks, I looked at your site but the graph does not work. I am using a
100% stacked bar chart/stacked bar chart and need a vertical series showing
another value- when I try to do this, it keeps returning the values on a
horizontal axis. Please help, its really annoying me!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You can use an XY Scatter chart instead, perhaps using a dummy series to provide
non-numeric vertical axis labels:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

smithers2002 wrote:

Is it possible to make a combination graph with a vertical line graph
included? It would appear you can only have line graphs which are plotted on
the y graph at the moment