Gord Dibben

Connull

One more to look at. Stretching here<g

If ToolsOptionsTransition. "Transition Navigation Keys" is checked you will
see an apostrophe in the cell if left-aligned text.

A ^ sign if center-aligned......a " sign if right-aligned.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:53:01 -0800, "Connull"
wrote:

Thanks Norman, this option removed the apostrophe from the numeric values but
I am still sitting with the problem of the apostrophe in front of the text
values. If you have any further suggestions I would be most grateful.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Connull,

Copy a blank cell
Select the cells with the offending initial apostrophe
Edit | Paste Special | Check "Value" and "Add" | OK

Perhaps counter-intuitively, this works on text values.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Connull" wrote in message
How can I remove the apostrophe (') from the text values in my
spreadsheet. I
need to use this spreadsheet to import data into another program which
then
gives errors due to the (')