Bernie Deitrick

Change

Range("A5").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Bernie

"MINAL ZUNKE" wrote in message
hi Bernie

I have pasted code here

Windows("Qry_CNC MILL_JOB.xls").Activate
Range("A2:E100").Select
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-87
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone
Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeRight)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlInsideVertical)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
With Selection.Borders(xlInsideHorizontal)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 1
End With
Selection.Copy
Windows("job status xcel.xls").Activate
Range("A5").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("F7").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End Sub

I hope to have a workable solution from you.
thnx

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Minal,

Posting your code would help. But, perhaps a change from code like:

Range("A5").Select

Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2).Select

will fix that problem.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"MINAL ZUNKE" wrote in message
Hi
Experts

I have developed a macro which imports data from another excel file.
Ex: consider I have 2 excel files A & B.
I run macro in file A today, it copies whatever data from file B.
say 20 rows have been filled in file A(starting from A5 to A25). I do
some
changes on the file A which has few conditional formatting and
forlumas.
I re-run the macro after 8 days in file A to get the new updated data
from
file B.

The problem I am facing is
"If I re-run the macro, it deletes the data from file A. It pastes
everything starting from top left cell.
When I generated macro in file A, I have selected top left cell while
recording macro.

My requirement::::::
Now I want the macro to put the data from the cell A27 onwards and
also
retain the changes to the data from Cell A5 to A25.
So everytime I run the macro it should add data to the excel file from
the
available blank cell and not copy over the same data.

Thnanking in anticipation