Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Higgins Jeff Higgins is offline

Default VBA 2003 cut/copy | paste values only

Otto,
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm sorry but I didn't sufficently
explain my situation.

I have a protected sheet which contains 4 ranges that are unlocked so that
the user can enter values. I would like to allow the user to select cells in
the unlocked ranges and use the main menu, or shortcut menu selections:
Edit|Cut or Edit|Copy and then Edit|Paste to cut or copy / paste within these
ranges. Unhappily, all the formatting goes along with the cut or copy to the
clipboard and then messes up my "pretty" formatting. For instance, one of the
unlocked ranges is bordered around with a thick border, if the user makes a
selection along the bordered edge and then pastes into the middle of the
range, the thick border comes along. Likewise, if the user selects cells and
then uses cut, the pretty green background color of my range becomes a gaping
white hole.

I hope this explains my request a little better and that you might have a
suggestion to help me.
Thank you,
Jeff Higgins

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Use Range("B1").Copy to copy then use one of the following to paste:

Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues

Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

HTH Otto

"Jeff Higgins" wrote in message
How to allow cut/paste, copy/paste the cell values only; no formatting
like
borders, colors, etc.