Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default OLE Combobox: Excel breaks down when it has focus

Change the TakeFocusOnClick property to False. This is a bug in
Excel 97 that was fixed in Excel 2000.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have ole comboboxes on my Excel97 worksheet.

I have a toolbar with buttons that users click. One of these
buttons
does a find Range.Find() call. Everything works fine as long as
the
user doesn't have their cursor on/in a dropdown when this call
is made.

If they do, I get a Run Time Error 1004 - 'Unable to get the
Find
property of the Range class.'

I suspect this is by design as I notice when you give an OLE
dropdown
the focus, Excel disables many functions in the standard
toolbars.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Can I detect
whether an
OLE object currently has focus?

Thanks in advance,

Michael D.