Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kdw kdw is offline

Default Detecting Security Level

Some users have their security level at High, and then don't know why the
file with macros doesn't work. I have seen suggestions on using SelfCert and
dos and don'ts of changing registry.

I like the suggestion of hiding all all sheets but one that display the
warning that the macros won't work if macros are disabled, and maybe put
instructions for them to change their security level.

But I don't want the warning to display for users whose security level is
Medium or Low. Is there a way to detect what security level the user has set
so I can warm them if their settings automatically disable macros?

Thanks in advance!