Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Foss[_2_] Foss[_2_] is offline

Default Repost - Extracting a table from a cell

As ever, you've helped me no end!

Thanks very much to both of you. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Pete

"Foss" wrote:

Mornin' all,

I've got a table with company details on it, then a list
of product codes that the company sells.
I want to write a new table, for the moment just a new
worksheet would be great, based on the product codes.

I'd like to take a record like this (where the ' - ' bit
specifies a new column):

R1FQ33 - 20780P,41930P
R7D41L - 52100S,84500S,42230P,45210P

and turn it into this:

R1FQ33 - 20780 - P
R1FQ33 - 41930 - P
R7D41L - 52100 - S
R7D41L - 84500 - S
R7D41L - 42230 - P
R7D41L - 45210 - P

There can be any number of items in the second column but they're always
separated by a comma. Each item in the cell can be four or five numbers
followed by a letter.

I can't get my head round how I'm going to do this. Let alone make it work,
can anyone offer any sample code or pointers?

Thanks very much,
Foss