Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marie Marie is offline

Default Vlookup with 8 sheets-please help!

I have one sheet with original data. I have to compare the account numbers in
this sheet with 8 other sheets(within the same file) to see how the accounts
are performing. For instance,for the first quarter(or the second sheet) if
the account is past due I want that information carried to the 1st sheet and
if there are no changes do nothing. I have to compare them for 7 quarters so
I have to compare 8 sheets. Ulitmately if I started with 5000 accounts,
regardless if 1000 paid off I want my first sheet to show me the history for
the 8 quarters with the most recent history for that particular account. A
kink in this is there are columns in the first sheet that I don't want to
change, account number, origination date, etc. About 13 columns. Where do I
begin!! I have done vlookup before but would prefer to have a macro in
visual basic that would be quick and efficient. Is this possible?