Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Default Filling a cell based on the content of another cell

Julie

All the column are populated again from other workbooks. This worbook
serves as a centralized workbook for the information. The other workbooks
are adjusted throughout the day. So the number of rows may go up or down each
day.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Bill

yes there probably is ... however if you don't mind, i'ld like to know a bit
more about the sheet - when you say you 'load' the sheet - where does the
data fill ... is it all columns or only say columns A through E. Also what
is in column Q, does column Q always have data in it for the same number of
rows as column E?

Additionally, how are you "loading" the data - is it an import or a copy &
paste or is some poor person typing it all in?

Cheers
JulieD

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there a wat I can put this into VB code so that it search the columns
and
fills the columns when the sheet is populate each time. Each time we load
the sheet the data and rows vary.

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Bill

in cell R2
=IF(E2="infant","Daycare","preschool")
this can then be filled down column R

however, please note, if there is nothing in E2 you will still get
"preschool" - so the following formula might be better
=IF(E2="","",IF(E2="infant","Daycare","preschool") )

Regards
JuileD

"Bill" wrote in message
I am trying to fill the column starting at R2 going down based on the
data
contained in cell E2 going down. I want something like an If statement
ot
fill the cells going down based the R column starting at R2. If the
value
in
E2 says infant then I would need R2 filled with Daycare otherwise the
cell
would need to be filled with preschool.