Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Unload all addins in VBA

Arne...

You're not heeding Bob's warning.
Uninstalling ALL addins may not be appreciated by your users
(thay may expect to have "Analysis Toolpak" loaded at all times)

The second one however is FAR worse...
I have over 60 addins listed in my addins list.
I would NOT be happy if your little procedure would start loading them
all.. <G

If you want to temporarily unload addins you MUST store the
previously loaded addins in a module level collection.

Then when your procedure is done you should restore THOSE addins

--
keepITcool

arne wrote :

This works! Thanks BOB.

Working code--

Sub Auto_open()
'removeall_addins' Thanks to Bob Phillips
microsoft.public.excel.programming 'you can still install the addins,
the addins do not 'leave your PC!
For Each Add_In In Application.AddIns
If Add_In.Installed Then Add_In.Installed = False
Next Add_In

End Sub

Sub addall_addins()
' install all the addins! But you do not need to do that......
For Each Add_In In Application.AddIns
If Add_In.Installed = False Then Add_In.Installed = True
Next Add_In

End Sub