Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CEN7272 - ExcelForums.com CEN7272 - ExcelForums.com is offline

Default Combo Box lookup

Please bear with me on this one...I hav
a worksheet that lists truck drivers, locations they service, rout
#, truck # and some other related info. I have the auto filte
turned on and I have everything in seperate columns except for th
locations, they are in a single column seperated by a comma. Som
drivers may have up to 6 different locations they cover in a give
day, others have only 1.
I have standardized the cities so that they have common abbreviations
I have made a list of the cities and their abbreviations and linke
them to a combo box for easier reference. Then I have to eithe
"find"(ctrl + F) the city I'm looking for or do a "custom" searc
under the "cities" column (using auto filter). Both of these option
work but I would like to search directly from the comb
box so that when a city is selected the auto filter wil
automatically do a "contains" search on the column and only show th
rows with that city liste
I know I could do a macro but I'm not sure if thats the best option.
I have several people using this that don't know Excel at all so I'
trying to make it as simple as possible

Any help/ideas/suggestions are appreciated
Cla
--------
www.coffeecozy.co

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!