Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R.VENKATARAMAN R.VENKATARAMAN is offline

Default Finding most common word in a list

in an empty cell type

=COUNTIF(1:1,"America")

try this and see whether you get what you want.

explanation is to find out number of times "america" comes in row 1.
you can do a loop in vba for each of the rows with the variable text to find
in different rows.
by the by can you get 250,000 rows in a sheet?
I though maximum number of rows is 65,536.

General wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have data organized in the following way:

Thousands of rows, each row has from 10-100 columns. In each cell is
text, either one or two words.

Within each row, is there an easy way to find which cells are repeated
the most?

So for example:
A1 = "America"
B1 = "Ecuador"
C1 = "Spain"
D1 = "America"

For row 1, I would want the macro to return "America".

Note that each row is totally independent of each other row.

Also, I need to run this on literally 250,000 rows with an avg of 50
entries per row...so I have to make the code as efficient as possible.
Please help!!!

Thanks,

Phil