CLR

It might be that some of your data has unseen leading spaces, and some does
not.......
Your formula syntax is fine.......

Could be your VLOKUP is set up to look for the leading spaces too which are
negated when you manually overtype........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"AtlantaMegan" wrote in message
I'm trying to use the countif function - it is working with some of my
values, but not with others...
The data is all text (ie AS, BS, CS, SM, etc). It isn't working with only
some of the data, but I haven't changed anything. My formula is:
=countif(range,cell that contains value to be counted)
What am I doing wrong here?

I'm copying the data in from another spreadsheet. If I re-enter the data

in
manually it counts it properly, but then my Vlookup for the same entered

data
does not work.