Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Momo Momo is offline

Default Using macro to save as todays date

Thanks all, the 1st reply worked great thanks,

Cheers for all the replies

Andy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

fName = "PA" & format(date,"yyyy-mm-dd") & ".xls"

Tom Ogilvy

"Momo" wrote in message
Hello,

can someone help me,
I can write a macro to save the file as a single referenced cell, but can
anyone help me in creating a macro which either within the macro or by
referencing a cell returns a file named as "PA2005-01-05" or the date for

the
current day.
I have used '=now()' in say cell A1 but am not sure how to put this

through
a macro to give me a file name saved as the format "PA2005-01-05", please

any
help,

many thanks

Andy