Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chimelle Chimelle is offline

Default Deleting rows after copying data

Greetings!

Using Excel2002 - I am a beginner when it comes to programming.

Here is my challenge: I have a worksheet that contains data in which I need
to be able to perform the following.

I need to be able to check the ID numbers in column A, and determine if it
is the same ID number from the previous row. If the ID number matches, then
I need to copy data from the second row and add it to the end of the first
row and then delete the second row. This needs to continue to the end of the
data -- currently about 12000 rows. Some IDs will have two records and
others will have up to 15 entries.