Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Excel Database Query String Too Long

wouldn't it be easier to either:
either add a boolean field to the DB named : Archived? or somthing.

or create a table of Ärchived Projects and then create an query like
SELECT Customers.*
FROM Customers LEFT JOIN Archived ON
Customers.CompanyName = Archived.CompanyName
WHERE Archived.CompanyName Is Null;

.... that would make maintenance a whole lot easier than
changing your queries all the time...

--
keepITcool

Karl Burrows wrote :

Hi!

I am trying to update a workbook (2002, 2003 versions) to remove many
of the values from an Access database query. The database is old and
contains many old records, so I am trying to make the workbooks a
little faster by not updating those records. The problem is I can
not get all the excludes in the field before it runs out of
characters. Is there a better way to exclude records? Here is the
SQL query:

<'BLH ~ Blakeney Heath' And <'BRK ~ Brookmere' And <'LDP ~ Lake
Davidson Park' And <'MDW ~ Meadowmont at Highland Creek' And <'WGR
~ Withers Grove' And <'WGV ~ Withers Grove V' And <'GLB ~
Glyndebourne'

I need to add several more and will be adding as the years progress.
I am working on getting them to "archive" older projects, so we don't
have to exclude so many.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!