Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rich[_27_] Rich[_27_] is offline

Default Best Way to Distribute and Upgrade a Spreadsheet

Thanks Chip,

I have realised another part of the problem is the formulas that are
throughout the workbook. There may be a need to upgrade those.

BTW, all my complex array formulas are based on your site, just made the
connection.

Thanks!!!!!!

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Rich,

The best approach would be to put all the code in an Add-In.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rich" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet which I am looking to distribute to a few
people.

It basically tracks stock prices and works out portfolio value
and tax implications.

The spreadsheet has code and data, and I want to know the best
way to arrange it so that I can upgrade the code later if need
be, without overwriting the data.

I suppose I need to split the two up, using an add-in?

What is the best way to do this please.

Thanks
Rich