Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gocush[_29_] gocush[_29_] is offline

Default clearcontents, worksheet_change, cell validation

Jan,
A while back I had a similar problem and I think I solved it by inserting in
my code:
Range("A1").Select to get the focus away from the validation cell.

"Jan" wrote:

In a 2000 template I have a cell that has a data validation list. When the
value of this cell is changed, 2 other cells have to be cleared. This is
done by programming the worksheet_change event with a cell().clearcontents.
This is the problem: when you type a value from the list, the event fires
and the clearcontents does its work, however if you select a value from the
list the event also fires but the clearcontents doesn't work and doesn't give
an error