Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jello jello is offline

Default Beginner's help

Hi,

Forgive me my lack of knowledge - I have not read any books, just picking it
up as I go but can you help me with the following ?

1) I can record a macro to paste in the "ActiveSheet"(copied text from
webpage) that I copied before I started recording, but how do I copy selected
text in VBA?

2) I can do the function allowing me to sum a range of values on another
worksheet:
e.g. =SUM(INDIRECT(calc!H10))
where h10 is a range i.e. worksheet_name!$A$1:A$23

Now with the follwing values:

Value CELL
apples b10
worksheet_name!$A$1:A$23 h10
apples and pears b99
worksheet_name!$B$1:B$23 h99

I want to do SUM(INDIRECT(calc!H99))
when I search a range of cells (one cell would be "apples and pears" - b99)
for "apples" and find the matching row(s), inthis case row 99

When I try to use the sum and indirect functions in the VBEditor it says
they don't exist - presumably because they are excel worksheet functions ?
Anyway are there other functions in VBEditor or do you need to write them
yourself !?

3) Can you recommend any good books/websites on VBA ?

Many many thanks