Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marika1981 marika1981 is offline

Default URGENT: Creating a drop-down menu to perform v-lookup function

Help!! I'm trying to create a drop-down menu as part of a slightly complex
v-lookup task. And I desperately need some expertise!

I have a table with about 350 rows and 8 columns. The names of the US
states appear in the first column - some often, some only once - in random
order. On a neighboring worksheet, I need to create a drop down menu
offering the names of all the states. When one state is selected, all the
rows starting with that state need to appear in a matrix, array or table of
some sort directly below the drop-down menu (presumably using v-lookup).

I know how to use v-lookup, but I'm struggling to figure out how to:

1) create a drop-down menu macro
2) link the v-lookup formula to the item selectd in the drop-own menu
3) if possible, preserve (or "lock") the v-lookup output area so that
end-users don't screw up the v-lookup formulation accidentally

Any ideas?? Or alternative suggestions on how to get the same done another
way???

THANK YOU!!! Very, very much appreciate any help.