Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Default ODBC Connection

Hi Adrian,

I agree with Jake that if you are learning the preferred technique is ADO.
To answer your question you need to reference €śMicrosoft DAO 3.x object
Library€ť
If you are attempting to connect to an access database and would like to use
ADO post back and I will post you an example.

Good Luck
TK

"Adrian T" wrote in message
Hello:

This is something I have never done before. I am trying to have an open
connection with a SQL database registered in my machine's ODBC driver.
Here's
my code

Private Sub Connect()

Dim wrkODBC As Workspace
Dim conData As Connection

Set wrkODBC = CreateWorkspace("NewODBCWorkspace", "admin", "", dbUseODBC)

Set conData = wrkODBC.OpenConnection("Connection1", , ,
"ODBC;DATABASE=Sale;UID=sa;PWD=sa;DSN=SQL_SERV ER")

End Sub

When I run the code, an error msg says "Run-time Error:13 (Type
Mismatch)".
I am almost convinced that it has something to do with referencing to the
right library. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!